Old Brookville Police Department
We will post a collection of documents concerning the current reorganization shortly. We are waiting for the entire collection to become available, to avoid posting a partial collection that may not be balanced.
At the present time, the VRP has not taken a position on the withdrawal of the Village of Muttontown from the OBPD coverage area or on the reorganization that may result from that move. Nevertheless, as a courtesy to the residents, we will make available an archive of documents related to the OBPD. Note also that the archived meeting notes from the Village of Brookville Board of Trustees include the monthly report of a member of the Board of Police Commissioners.
While the VRP is not involved in the current dispute over the departure of Muttontown from the group of villages that contract with the OBPD for police coverage, as a courtesy to our supporters, we will attempt to archive relevant items at this location. We currently have:
- Upper Brookville action plan
- letter from the 6 mayors / Board of Police Commissioners
- letter from the chief of the OBPD
- letter from the mayor of the Village of Brookville
- letter from the mayor and police commissioners of Old Brookville
- letter from the mayor of Upper Brookville (April 2011)
- letter from the mayor of Upper Brookville (May 9, 2011)
- letter from the mayor of Upper Brookville (May 17, 2011)
- letter from the mayor of Muttontown
- letter to the OBPD from the VRP re: access to village government documents
- archived meeting notes from the Village of Brookville Board of Trustees, which include a police commissioner’s report
- OBPD Annual Report for 1985 – while over 35 years old, it is still a source of interesting and useful information:
Watch this space for more items from our archives, which span several decades.